We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
How Down Syndrome Occurs?
Down's syndrome is that the cells in the child's body have an extra chromosome, that is, 47 chromosomes, instead of 46.Down Syndrome is not a disease but a genetic difference.
The nuclei of the cells that make up the human body are made up of genes linked together by chromosomes. These genes and chromosomes are the main elements of our physiological and personality structure, so an extra chromosome that the child has will affect his or her life.
In most chromosomal abnormalities, the embryo cannot develop. Down Syndrome is a condition in which the embryo can complete its development.
Down Syndrome is present all over the world and in all human races and is not a condition that occurs over time. People with Down's Syndrome are thought to have existed since the formation of mankind.
Why Are Children Born With Down Syndrome?
Although various theses have been suggested about the determinants of Down Syndrome, such as maternal age, radiation, troit antibodies, drug and alcohol use, there is no definite one. As a result, chromosome 21 could not be divided for unknown reasons and remained in the new cell.The maternal age is the only statistical data associated with the frequency of the syndrome.
Recent studies have shown that chromosome indivisibility can be caused not only by the mother's egg but also by the father's sperm.
Although Down Syndrome was thought to be genetically originated, chromosome mapping of these babies was only possible in 1959. On average, one in every 600 children born has Down's disease.Likewise, when the mother is under 20 years of age, the possibility of Down's disease increases.
What are Down Syndrome Characteristics?
When we examine the characteristics of infants with Down syndrome;
- Intelligence sections are usually between 0-50 ZB points.
- The average birth weight of children with Down syndrome is 100-600 g less and 2-3 cm shorter than normal children.
- Congenital eye disorders are frequently encountered. In addition, cataract, poor vision, pupil abnormalities are coming.
- They usually pull out late teeth.
- Usually the neck is wide. The skin on the sides of the neck is loose.
- The feet and hands are short, wide, flat and square. His fifth fingers are curved inward. There is a single line passing through the palms.
- Her hair is usually erect, thin and straight.
- Girls also usually have menstrual period at normal ages.
- A small number of women can give birth. In this case, the probability of occurrence of the disease in the born child is half.
- Although children with Down Syndrome are similar, their perception, fine motor skills, tongue and lip movements are different from each other. Therefore, the delay may be longer for some and longer for others.
- Cute, cheerful, peaceful with the world, regardless of the age-position of the people who can establish immediate proximity, but in spite of this stubborn, do not want to do something, they tend to have someone else do their own work.
It is generally believed that children with Down's disease are happier and more compliant than other mentally handicapped children. As a matter of fact, the researches on this subject give results that confirm this belief.
How to Tell Down Syndrome - How to Perform Amniocentesis Test?
Down's disease is divided into three types, depending on how the disease occurs:
Trisomy 21 - In this type, chromosome number 21 is three, not double. Thus, the total number of chromosomes should be 46, but 47. 95% of those with Down syndrome are in this group.
Mosaic - Some cells of this type, which constitute 1-2% of those with Down syndrome, are normal, while others carry 3 chromosomes. In other words, there are 46 chromosomes in some cells and 47 chromosomes in others.
translocation - In this type, the additional chromosome on chromosome 21 merges with another chromosome. In this case, the total number of chromosomes is 46 again. However, the chromosomes are out of order. This type constitutes 3.5% of Down's syndrome patients.
Like every child, children with Down Syndrome have their own development, abilities, personalities, thoughts and social lives. There are behaviors and habits that they will acquire throughout their lives.
The formation of these behaviors is closely related to family, education and social environment in Down Syndrome children as it is in every child.
Children with Down Syndrome need more support and love to acquire some skills.
With this support and love, she can walk, talk, go to school, read and write, even if it is late. occupations.
+1 Endless thanks to all individuals with Down's syndrome who added value to our lives by far Fark
The differences are beautiful. Today, tomorrow and always…