Pregnancy is a period in which you experience many differences in physiological and psychological terms. As a prospective mother, during this period, you become more careful and attentive than you have ever paid attention to in any period of your life.
Your health and consequently your baby's health becomes more important than anything else. Most consume healthy foods you want your baby to be alive, to provide healthy and healthy development of your baby by feeding with useful and organic foods.
Perhaps you think it's time to take advantage of the healing of plants you've never heard of in your lifetime; but there is one very important point that you should not miss.
Is each plant suitable for pregnancy? Are these plants objectionable because of unfamiliar effects when you want to benefit?
Here sage is one of the popular plants among pregnant women because of its benefits. Well sage during pregnancy What can be the consequences of consumption?
What are the benefits of Sage?
The history of sage plant dates back to the Middle Ages and has been benefiting from many health-related issues for centuries.
- Thanks to its rich minerals, its antioxidant capacity is very high.
- It supports the development of brain functions and strengthens the memory.
- It is useful in balancing the blood pressure of people with low blood pressure because it has the ability to increase blood pressure.
- It is a natural sedative. Good for stress and fatigue.
- It helps to eliminate cold and flu symptoms.
- It has a positive effect on gum and tonsillitis.
- In menopausal women, it may be preferred to relieve hot flashes.
As you can see the benefits of sage do not stop counting; however, there are many reasons why you should not choose sage during pregnancy.
For example, while you want to benefit from the relaxing effect of sage during your pregnancy, you may have high blood pressure because of its ability to increase blood pressure. In other words, an effect that can be seen as a benefit in normal time can return you as harm during pregnancy.
For this reason, not only for sage plant, while curing yourself about all other plants, it is recommended by all experts to be careful for mother-baby health.
The Relationship Between Sage and Estrogen Hormone
Sage shows phytoestrogen effect due to the active ingredients it contains. In other words, it is a vegetable-derived estrogen. Phytoestrogens with similar effects to estrogen hormone should be used with caution.
What are the consequences of excess estrogen hormone?
Estrogen hormone, Although it is a hormone that affects women's lives to a great extent, it also plays a major role in your pregnancy. Estrogen, which can create serious things even on a woman under normal conditions, can cause problems for pregnant women if it is secreted too much.
- Increased levels of estrogen in the body, your body holds a large amount of water and salt causes. In other words, as your estrogen level exceeds the required level, edema accumulates in your body.
- Excessive edema build-up in the body can lead to clot formation in the lungs or stones in the gallbladder.
- Estrogen hormone, pear type causes fat we call. It increases the accumulation of fat tissue in your hips and hips. This leads to disproportionate weight gain.
- High estrogen hormone stimulates cancer cells
- Excess estrogen causes the body to increase by stimulating pain and cramps. This is the reason for menstrual contractions and pain.
- Your estrogen level during pregnancy is 50 times higher than normal. When your hormone level is so high, consuming a plant that will increase hormone secretion will bring a number of problems.
Possible Effects of Sage Consumption in Pregnancy
As might be expected, sage plant will be a risky plant for pregnancy because it can change estrogen levels due to phytoestrogenic effect of active ingredients. If we classify these risks as basic,
- Consumption of sage in the first months of pregnancy increases the risk of miscarriage.
- Consuming sage during the last months of pregnancy causes the risk of premature birth.
We can classify it as. Apart from these possible risks while consuming sage, there may be other problems during pregnancy.
- Dry mouth
- Increased nausea
- Inflammation or irritation of the mouth
- Low Blood Sugar
- Fatigue, weakness
These are the main problems.
Consuming Sage in the First Months Increases Low Risk!
The first months of pregnancy are the most dangerous months for mothers. Because your body tries to adapt to this change. Your body chemistry changes, and even begins to restructure. Hormone levels vary and try to prepare the environment for your baby.
Estrogen hormone, as the largest part of this study allows the baby to cling to the intrauterine wall. Sage during pregnancy drinking will cause loosening of the uterine walls and complicate the attachment of the embryo to the wall.
Because an active substance called Thujone in sage plant has a stimulating effect on the uterus. Therefore, the sage you consume during the first months of pregnancy will bring with the risk of miscarriage.
Does Sage Consumed During Pregnancy Reduce Baby?
Sage, blood pressure and the chemical structure of the uterus because it is unfortunately such a possibility to disrupt, sage consumption can cause miscarriage.
Unfortunately, there is no clear scientific study on pregnant women consuming sage. However, the American Pregnancy Association states that sage and other plants (mistletoe, cassia, rosemary, aloe vera, lemon balm, valerian, etc.) should not be consumed during pregnancy.
Don't encounter preterm birth by saying Son Let me relax Son in the last months!
Sage can be seen as a herbal supplement because of its soothing and soothing property for expectant and excited mothers.
Your estrogen level must reach a certain threshold for the onset of labor. When you reach the end of pregnancy, your estrogen level reaches the highest point in your body and your birth adventure begins.
However, while your body and hormones continue their normal course, the sage consumed in your last months may expose you to the possibility of premature birth.
Because the active substances in sage tea will trigger your contractions. It will prepare you for preterm labor by raising your already elevated hormones prematurely because of the phytoestrogen effect.
There may also be an increased risk of bleeding due to the factors involved, and your pregnancy may enter a risky process. Therefore, in order to avoid the possibility of miscarriage in the first months, experts do not recommend using sage to prevent premature births in recent months.
Don't say, 'Drinking a small amount of benefits.'
Mothers who try to control the consumption of caffeine during pregnancy and prevent edema formation may be seeking remedy in herbal teas. 'Excessive amount of everything is harmful.' We recommend that you do not think what harm comes from a cup per day. Many gynecologists share the same idea about the consumption of herbal teas.
Sage during pregnancy consumption is harmful. Considering the health of your baby should not be risked in such a matter. Moreover, it is not recommended to use such plants even after birth, that is, even when you are breastfeeding your baby.
Sage, milk can have a reducing effect. By increasing my milk, you may have to breastfeed your baby for a shorter period of time than you think. When you need this kind of herbal supplements, you should definitely consult your doctor and ask a specialist.