We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Why do not world-renowned scientists come out of our country? Why are there no theories mentioned by the name of a Turk? Because we do not pay any attention to science and education. We do not encourage our children to become scientists, we kill the curiosity and discovery feelings that exist as children. We don't force them to think and dream, we just ask them to learn some patterns. Under these conditions, only a very small number of people can bring to the world of science. Of course, this is not so much, they make them regret the difficult conditions that make them face-to-face, we almost try to harass them. When this is the case, unfortunately, people in our country who attach importance to science and who can contribute to the development of science cannot be raised.
What should we do to prevent this? Of course we have to start with our children. As we said before, children have a sense of curiosity and discovery. We have to use that emotion and make it useful before it dies. How Does? Experiment with your child! You don't have to be an Einstein or a science student to experiment with your child. You just need to be curious and willing to do this. You can be sure that you can direct your child very easily with this curiosity and desire and increase his interest in science.
What can you do?
• Encourage your child to think and dream. Make sure your child dreams. Remember, the person who thinks big finds great ideas. In one of his speeches, Albert Einstein emphasized the importance of imagining us by saying “imagination is much more powerful than knowledge”.
• Try to capture your child's learning moments. If your child is curious about something and often asks you about it, your child has entered the moment of learning. Don't ignore these questions and curious looks and give your child the answers they need. Encourage him / her to explore and learn about the subject and, if possible, give your child the opportunity to apply it. For example, if your child does not understand why the boiling water in the kettle decreases, try to explain the situation to him by making explanations and practices.
• Provide opportunities for your child to get the best information when he / she gives information. For example, if your child is interested in dinosaurs, read books about your dinosaurs, make dinosaur mock-ups with him, walk around museums with dinosaur fossils or models, watch documentaries and imagine a dream world with your child.
• Share your experiences and hobbies. If you have a hobby or experience with science-related features, share it with your child. For example, share with your child if you are interested in activities such as repairing electronic equipment or building model aircraft.
• Provide opportunities for your child to experience something. Because children learn by doing best. So give your child the opportunity to try out things that he wonders. You can find and apply scientific activities appropriate to your child's age by using TÜBİTAK books.
• Discuss every activity you do. Discussing will both give the child different perspectives and direct him / her to think. You should discuss your activity in three stages. Your discussions before, during, and after the activity will make your child understand the subject more easily and will increase his / her sharing with you.
Contact Idil directly