Project-oriented education their general purpose is to improve the mental, emotional, moral and aesthetic sensitivities of children and to ensure the active participation of children as teachers. In the kindergarten where the project approach is applied, teachers accept themselves as learning and discovering individuals with children. The resulting success and happiness live together.
Project work is done by the whole class or a group within the class. The main feature of the project work is that it is a research focused on finding answers to questions about a topic proposed by children or teachers.
Benefits of Project Approach Programs:
- improves memory, perception and problem solving skills
- allows them to play various roles related to everyday life
- develops children's scientific thinking and encourages them to research
- improves social behavior
- provides the opportunity to establish cause and effect relationships between events
- books, people, internet and so on. gives the ability to search and use resources
- express their feelings and thoughts with graphics (illustrative drawings or pictures)
- gains self-esteem by sharing the products they obtain as a result of their studies
- supports self-knowledge and permanent learning through active participation in activities
- develops the ability to express himself and his sense of self-confidence by participating in various activities (dramatic plays, art activities including oral expression, painting and drawing and three-dimensional works, songs, games, sightseeing and experimentation).
Steps to be followed by a good project:
The first step is to brainstorm and analyze the issue!
- drawing an imaginary picture before doing the necessary work on the subject
- making pictures based on real pictures
- calling the source person to the class
- identifying questions to be asked to the source person and grouping children
- setting rules if applicable
- new words learned
- organizing a trip and determining the questions to be asked on the trip
- ensuring that children on the subject are asked questions to parents
- a return-to-class assessment meeting
- dramatic termination of the project
Project approach It is an educational method that helps children to see the whole on different topics. For this reason, most training programs adopt the project approach and make it an integral part of the curriculum. Families in project approach education have an important role. The families have big duties to realize the importance of the project. Remember, helping parents during the project will help both the teacher and the child to work more efficiently.
- Using Project Approach in Preschool Education, Pınar Bayhan. Living Journal of Education, Istanbul, 2001.
- Project Approach and Activity Suggestions, Sara Kefi. Çoluk Children's Journal, 2004.
Contact Idil directly